Automotive Maintenance is the Key to a Longer Lasting Car
Today people are hanging onto their cars longer than ever. It makes a lot of financial sense to do it too. The key to getting your car up over 100K, 200K and 300K is preventive maintenance. The famous billionaire, Warren Buffett thinks it makes sense and that’s why he drives his 2006 Cadillac CTS rather than going out and buying a new car all the time (he certainly could afford it).
There are other benefits to proper maintenance on your car:
- It cost less to keep. Maintenance helps you prevent some of the most costly repairs (oh, and towing service charges).
- Better performance. Keeping your car tuned and in top shape gives you a car that feels and drives better.
- Better gas mileage. When you keep your car in top shape, you get better mileage.
- Few or no breakdowns. No one likes an unexpected breakdown. Prevention is one of the best ways to keep away from tow trucks.
- Higher resale value. That’s right, a car that has been properly maintained will get you a better price when you do sell it.
So, how do you help your car be one of these long-lasting ones?
The best thing you can do is to find a shop like ours that you can trust thoroughly to keep an eye on your car’s maintenance. Then, commit to taking care of the services promptly before their neglect has a chance to wear down fluids and components inside.
We’re fanatics about disclosure of maintenance needs
We never want to get that call from you telling us that your car was recently in the shop and now you’re broke down on the side of the road. We feel it is our RESPONSIBILITY to look over your car with a trained eye on preventing problems. That’s why we always inspect your car front to back each time it’s here. Our job is to catch something that only costs you a few dollars, instead of costing you big time due to neglect. We don’t push you though, our job is to bring it to your attention, answer your questions and allow you the freedom decide on your own.